The best vacuum sealers for home users are not the most expensive, nor are they packed full of fancy features. In fact, the best for most home users are actually very affordable and very basic. All you really need to look for is something that is:
- Manually operated
- Reasonably priced (for many of us, $125 is the maximum and it’s no longer reasonably priced)
Searching using these two criteria still leaves you with a lot of different options though. However, for me personally, the two choices within the budget are the FoodSaver V2244 and the FoodSaver V3240.
If you’re curious about why you should choose a manually operated machine, or why you should choose one that is priced under $125 then continue to read on. Otherwise, if you just want to check out the two vac sealers I have recommended then click on the links below to see each food vacuum sealer review.
Why Manual Operation
Why should you choose a manual operation vacuum sealer for food and avoid the automatic ones? Because they allow you so much more control over the vacuuming and the sealing process. In fact, on good and affordable vacuum sealers like the FoodSaver v2244 and the v3240, you can choose exactly when what you want to stop vacuuming and when you want to start sealing the bag (all with the simple push of a button).
Automatic vacuum sealers aim to vacuum and seal automatically. Some will even cut the bag for you. However, these unnecessary features—that you pay extra for— don’t always work out the way they’re meant to and cause you problems instead.
- Sometimes the sensors won’t even detect the bag.
- Sometimes it’ll take out too much air and end up crushing your food.
- Other times it doesn’t take up enough air and end up leaving a ton of air left in the bag.
- There will even be times where it’ll make a bad seal. These things are automatic, but not smart (it can’t tell that there’s liquid, or food in the area where it’s attempting to make the seal).
- Many times it’ll cut your bags too long end up wasting bag and ultimately, cost you more money.
Why Less Than $125
The best price range for anyone looking to buy a vacuum sealer for use at home is between $75-$125. $75 is the minimum because anything lower just doesn’t vacuum enough air from the bags. $125 is the maximum because many of the vacuum sealers above this price range are just charging you for the extra unnecessary things mentioned above (like automatic modes, bag cutters, bag holders, and the fancy housing). Unless you’re looking for something of a completely higher class, or even chamber vacuum sealers then it’s hard to justify paying much more than this limit if you only want a basic, yet reliable vacuum sealer.
Besides, even though you may be on a tight budget, spending $125 on a vacuum sealer won’t set you back too much (especially when it saves you a bunch of money in the long run). Not only is this price range very affordable, but it also helps to further narrow down your search for the best vacuum food sealer.
The FoodSaver V2244
If you have a more limited budget, or you just want to spend as little as possible then I the FoodSaver v2244 may well be the best vacuum sealer for you. In my in-depth review of the v2244, I gave it a 7.8 out of 10 rating. On Amazon.com, the rating is quite high as well; making it a top rated vacuum sealer. It’s one of the best selling vacuum sealer to be made.
At the same price, I really don’t think there are any other vacuum food sealers that can beat the v2244. Here are some reasons why:
- Reasonably priced
- Offers precision control with manual operation.
- Has the strongest vacuum when compared to other vacuum sealers in its class.
- Makes reliable seals.
The FoodSaver V3240
If you have a bigger budget to work with, then the FoodSaver V3240 is an even better choice. The v3240 received an 8.6 out of 10 rating in my in-depth review. It has an excellent rating on Amazon and is one of the most popular vacuum sealers. Check out all the good things other buyers had to say about it.
Like I said if you have a little bit more money to work with then the v3240 is a much better choice and the best vacuum sealer for food because:
- Costs just a tiny bit more, but is still reasonably priced
- Gives you complete control with manual operation.
- Has an even stronger vacuum pump than the v2244.
- Makes stronger and more reliable seals with a wider sealing bar.
- Better at handling moisture and liquids.
Either of these two will fit your need to have the best food vacuum sealer possible for using at home. Which one depends on your budget, but I personally would choose—and recommend—the v3240. Don’t waste your time trying to look for better options unless you’re ready to spend over $300 (if you are then see the other food vacuum sealer reviews here). You can buy either of them from Amazon.com; who knows when the prices will change because of the high demand for them.